Saturday, August 05, 2006

We're on the way to Red State...

Today we'll be going to Red State ---- Hubby has the trailer all packed and, assuming it is still out there, he'll be taking a lot of nerdy political science stuff with him.

Never being one to pass up an opportunity to get something out of a deal -- I ended up buying a new photo printer yesterday, so I could print a bunch of my photos for hubby to take with him. We ended up with a pretty neat HP 7850 that makes great prints.... now, if only iphoto worked well... I may have to pay for an upgrade to the damm software--- ick.

I told hubby last night that I was planning to rearrange all the furniture while he was gone -- and he wouldn't have anything to say about it.... Hubby double-dog dared me to do a thing I saw on TV to the bathroom floor where a guy used river rock to cover-up ugly tile in the bathroom.... the basic idea is that he walks on a sisal rug and 'to create a spa-like atmosphere' he covered the places where he doesn't walk (behind the toilet, under the sink etc..) with river rock. I'm not sure I'll do the rock thing, only because it looks like a pain in the rear and with my luck the cats would see it as a new form of litterbox, then I'd have stinky rocks in my bathroom... yuck.

I'll be gone for about a week, but I also anticipate having internet access while we are down there.... The nice thing about my PowerBook, as compared to my previous PC laptops, is that she'll hook up with just about any network with a decent strength signal... I suppose that makes her a floozie, but I like her anyway :).

I'm taking my work with me, so I'll be busy while we are in Red State --- if I'm really lucky they'll have a football game soon and i can really mock them well -- getting excited about college football to the extent that they do in Red State is great fodder for my sarcastic point of view.

My to do list before I go...
1) Finish some class prep so I can take fewer books.
2) Print copies of papers I need to work on.
3) Pack computer bag and book bag(s).
4) Feed the cats and turn on NPR for them while we are gone... making the cats into good liberals is a goal of mine... right now they are pretty dammed libertarian -- a week of constant NPR should fix that.

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

Have a great trip!