Friday, August 18, 2006

Blog buddies -- we should start our own college

I read a bunch of blogs on a regular basis. It seems that a college comprised only of the people behind the blogs I read would be a really cool place to work. Of course, then we'd all have to get new super-secret blogs so we could complain about one another... but just based on the blogs I read all the time we'd have an amazing (and large) English department, a nice array of science and math courses, a small but mighty political science department, and a few philosophers and other miscenlaneous academics thrown in. We'd also have a kick-ass debate team and more than a few good coaches.

To top it all off, with a little patience we'd have some good lawyers to protect us from lawsuits...

Anybody read the blogs of a really rich guy or some religous affiliation that doesn't have enough colleges??? We need a sponsor!

9 comments:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

What a fun idea. If only we could ...

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I would totally work at that college.

Seeking Solace said...

Me too. I could teach AND be the in house lawyer!!!!

comebacknikki said...

Sounds like a fabulous idea to me!

Aliki2006 said...

Add me to the list--what a cool college *that* would be!

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

That's funny, from a couple of your earlier posts I was starting to fantasize about this too.

Y'all need a historian, right?

timna said...

me too!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

y'all are hired -- especially if dr. brazen hussy will plan the refreshments for our meetings :). After a few brazen hussies, we won't care about the agenda!

Kelly in Kansas said...

here's another historian type!