Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tomorrow... after today

Since Wednesdays are late, as are Mondays, I generally don't go in early. If it were my choice, I wouldn't do it today either -- but, we have the 'involvement fair'....

Let me tell you about that -- it isn't a bad idea, generally -- but for me it is a waste of time.

I've sat at the debate table for four of these things now, and I've only recruited one debater as a result --- and he was Crazy Guy. That isn't to say that I didn't enjoy working with Crazy Guy, but the amount of time I've spent at the table is will now equal the time Crazy Guy spent in actual competition....

When tring to recruit for a high-committment activity like debate -- the only really effective way is interpersonal nagging..... getting some student who only wants to get to the free hamburgers isn't the way to do it.

Perhaps this year I'll leave my flyers on the table and scoot out of there.... if only I have the nerve to actually do it.

No comments: