Monday, August 21, 2006

First day of school fun...

First phone call of the day, (interrupts me playing with my new PowerPoint remote...)

Me: :Philosophy, this is (me)"
Student: "hi, can you find me an open section of Math _____".
Me: "Umm, I teach philosophy, you need to call records and registration" -- I'm thinking, dumbass... but, whatever...
Student: puzzled.. "this isn't records and registration?"
Me: "nope, sorry"

Later -- looking in the student planner -- I see the number for Records and Registration listed... as MY PHONE NUMBER.

No wonder these kids can't proofread papers, the people who work here can't publish a simple and accurate phone list for the college.

Now I'm going to have to change my phone number... and my business cards are 98% out of date... the only correct thing remaining is my NAME!

secret message to hubby: I'm not answering the phone in my office until they fix this! Call my cell :).

Have a good first day... I'm all set to begin a new year in the Philosophy Factory...

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

Good grief!!! At least you have a cell!