Monday, August 14, 2006

lots of my peeps are gone...

I realized today that lots of the people I saw last year on a daily or weekly basis are elsewhere....

Besides the obvious hubby in Red state.... (who shouldn't be discounted)

D1 is away on debate scholarship.
D2 is going to big school.
Rex and Bex moved to Red State.
The Russian is at big school.
Dog Mom has a tt job on the east coast.
Drama guy is also tting on the east coast.
Andyhockey is at big school and working.

8 people leaving in one summer is a lot...

3 comments:

T-Mac said...

Funny story about that--my friend David said something to me a few days back that really struck me. He said, "Thom, a year ago your life was all about debate, Mandy and running, and in two months it will be about none of those things." Things change, and it can be weird sometimes.

Arbitrista said...

That sucks. When we left New York, we left our entire support network behind. Luckily now we have a new one!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

The students are supposed to come and go -- that is natural. D1 has been around so long it is almost like he was a fixture of the school... :)

I do miss dog mom -- because she's done the long-distance marriage thing... and, oddly enough is now doing it again. Her hubby is in a corporation and moved here before here and had to stay behind.. I also miss her because I prefer her to the person she was a sabbatical replacement for :) ---