Friday, August 25, 2006

Teaching Revelation from hubby...

"Teaching takes a lot of energy"... hubby, Fall 06.

yep...

He was amazed that teaching for an hour was so tiring.... That is something that that I tried to tell him, but he didn't get... nobody does until they do it. Especially the first week of class can be that way.

A few years ago he figured out that grad school wasn't like being an undergrad and really understood for himself what I'd been stressing about for half the time we lived in Red State.

Now he gets the feeling of teaching -- and is amazed at what I do... two classes per day, 30 minute break between and coach debate two nights a week... I have to say that coaching debate, the classroom part of it, isn't as energy intensive as teaching. Still, he was impressed that I taught 7:45-10:45 before going to the airport to see him...

It seems that I'm a pioneer in hubby's world.

3 comments:

T-Mac said...

I TOTALLY know what he means...my hour and a half class really, really took it out of me every day. It gets easier, though.

comebacknikki said...

It's amazing how much it takes out of you. This semster, I have one 3 hour class & another 4 hour class. After I leave, I don't feel like doing anything more than vegging on the couch and watching midless tv.

xccc said...

The most in demand social network site Twitter aids people to discover about current things and events or social reactions of their favorite fames. buy real twitter followers