Friday, July 11, 2008

Tornado Drill....

BNCC is in the upper midwest ---

Since I grew up here, the weather doesn't really bother me much -- but, once in a while things get exciting and the sirens go off...

like tonight.

So, Hubby and I back-up dissertation files, grab our laptops and other vital things, throw the cats in the carrier and head for the basement garage.

Of course the cats aren't really happy about it, but despite their view of the world, they don't get a vote.

Tonight was a quick trip and nothing serious happened -- but it is good to know we can evacuate if necessary...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are all ok, that is scary!

timna said...

almond joy said I was the last mom to call and ask if they'd returned from the city dinner yet... I told her I was on the expressway myself, so wasn't calling until I got to suburban streets!

but I didn't know the sirens went off.

Psych Post Doc said...

glad all is well and that it didn't last too long.