Friday, July 11, 2008

There's nothing like Chemo class...

... to make me feel young and healthy.

I didn't learn anything new in the class -- mostly because I have a really good research nurse in the clinical trial. She discussed all the information in the class with us individually.

The other patients in the class were in much worse shape than me -- two had multiple medical problems and one (the only guy) had a real attitude -- He needs 120 straight hours of a slow chemo feed -- so they give him a little pack to wear... I thought that would be a good thing --- but, I don't think I'd like to have that on me all the time, so I'm happy not to have to do it.

I'll probably see his wife this summer, as she'll be there with her mother on Thursdays.
Goodness -- I can't imagine my mother and my husband having chemo at the same time.

So, a week from today I ought to be nauseated and feeling kind of punky -- maybe with bone aches... yippee... Three weeks or so from today I could easily lose my hair.

No comments: