Thursday, July 10, 2008

Isn't cable TV...

... supposed to have a good signal?

Ours sucks --- because we have a cheap-ass provider who has one Direct TV dish on the top of the building and then they put the signal out using the internet infrastructure...

I've complained about the internet before -- now, when the internet gets bad, so do some random TV channels...

ggarrrrrrrr.

I called to complain yesterday. They sent a tech out today who literally didn't do or know ANYTHING. He also told us several factual things that were plain old wrong -- like that a computer in the household can cause our problems if they have 10 bit internet cards in them. Of course, he was looking in our den and saw two computers -- of course, he was too ignorant to realize that our new Macs don't have 10 bit internet --- AND he was too stupid to know that the one thing doesn't impact the other that way....

The tech also called the guy who usually works with our building. It seems that they supposedly have been working here for three days. If that was the case, why didn't the office know that and tell us that it was being fixed?

Really folks, it isn't that complicated. Y'all can just let us have our old analog signal back, take back your fancy equipment and let me put the TIVO in again....and I'll stop calling. But, if you are going to charge us more and give us a worse product, I'll call you until you actually fix things.

In the meantime, Hubby and I might just go to the community picnic this weekend -- if only to get signatures on a letter begging Comcast to provide service to us... t

1 comment:

Md90875 said...

They might be using the wrong cable splitters throughout your building. I have a splitter that the cable runs into and one side breaks off to my cable modem while the other goes into my tvs. The original splitter got blown out by lightning or for some other reason quit working. When I put in a new one, I noticed I was getting feedback on some channels. I found out that I had the wrong splitter. There are MHz ratings on the splitters. The replacement one I purchased only went to 900 MHz, to prevent feedback they have to go to 1000 MHz. Of course I have been unable to find such a splitter, but the original one was 1000 and my friend installed a 1000 and no longer has feedback. Good luck.