Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Kitty Responds...

Mom is gone, so I want to have my say...

First of all -- I'm not really New Kitty anymore, I prefer Princess Purrrfect.

Now, to reply to Mom's questions --

1) What is she hunting? --- I hunt everything. Bugs, leaves, birds and bits of fluff. I do it because I'm borrrred. I'll explain more later...

2) What does she have against the DOT!? I hate, hate, hate that f-ing dot. I want to hunt it down, kill it and bring it's corpse to daddy. I don't know where the dot hides, although I suspect Mom has something to do with it -- as the DOT! doesn't come out when she and daddy are gone.

3) Does she really see herself in the bathroom mirror? Yes, of course I do. Mom and dad look in the mirror and so do I. Just because extra-toes is an oaf who hasn't discovered the wonder that is me in the mirror doesn't mean that cats can't see themselves. I also look at myself in the bedroom mirror and the dresser mirror... or, haven't you been watching me carefully enough....sigh. I suppose you see me because I need to supervise your bathroom activity -- and, although I don't approve of that water pouring on your head, I let it go -- so let me look at myself in the mirror in peace.

4) What does she think is in the hall? In the hall is EVERYTHING I want to hunt. There is also a lot of stuff that needs scenting. I've been in the hall twice recently -- and both times daddy paid attention to me... so, daddy's attention is in the hall. When 'school' starts, I'm also sure that daddy is just down the hall -- and mom is keeping me from him because she's jealous -- bitch. Also, I can't tolerate closed doors -- and in the hall there are many more closed doors for me to challenge... just knowing they are out there is very tempting --- so, next time pay attention to me when I demand to be let out, or I'll grow thumbs and let myself out.

5) How did she get blue ink on her right front paw? Umm -- that's private, mom. I'm not nearly as good at handling a ballpoint pen as you are, so it isn't nice to poke fun. If you must know, I'm trying to learn to write long hand. I've been reading on-line etiquette sites, they say that handwritten notes are better form than e-mail, so I figured I need to be able to write if I'm going to be polite.

3 comments:

Bitty said...

Oh, that is too funny! It made my day.

Thanks for clearing all that up, New Kitty!

timna said...

hey, kitty, you pass on these virtual flowers to your lady this morning. you be good to her today.

undine said...

Cat is SMART if she recognizes herself (or anything) in the mirror.