Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A hair cut and attitude adjustment...

First of all -- my surgeon told me I could go in the water next week -- so, no water aerobics tomorrow... but, when I get back from Canada, we're all set!

I also decided to get a short haircut -- on the theory that if it all falls out, it will be less traumatic to have short bits fall out than the longer bits... of course, this also means that all of my highlights are cut off, and as a result my gray hair is showing, boo.

After my doctor's appointment and haircut, I had a good long coffee with a pal. She's all kinds of fun and we talked about an incredible number of good and hard times. I'm so glad she's my friend -- her sassy attitude will be a great help for me this year. We're planning a trip to her cabin to write -- she's working on a book and I have the dissertation... always the dissertation... sigh. I think a weekend in the woods might be a good time to focus!

3 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Yay for getting back in the water!

I would love to go to a cabin in the woods to get away. I hope you have a good time!

Anonymous said...

yay for time with your friend and the cabin isea sounds lovely!

Bardiac said...

That's good news on the swimming :) Especially with the hot weather in August to come!

Have a good visit to Canada.