Wednesday, July 23, 2008

RBO, I can't wait for our vacation...

  • Met another doctor today -- he ordered a sleep study, like we wanted him to do. I'll do that tomorrow --- results to follow in August.... sigh.
  • A quick trip to the vampire (I mean, oncologist's lab) yesterday revealed that my blood is still somehow normal... YEA.
  • The hated cable/internet company came by today -- and they sent someone that may actually fix the flipping problem, not tell us to re-boot. I guess complaining for a year and saying things like "no wonder many of our neighbors have dishes on their balconies..." may have got their attention.
  • If our cable/internet worked in practice like it is supposed to in theory, it is pretty f-ing cool... but, so far, not so much so.
  • New Kitty is being kind of weird -- nice, but weird.
  • My aunt and cousin I never get to see left me a bouquet -- we were just out swimming and didn't know they were coming.... She used to have a floral store and the flowers are AMAZING. I'm sad to have missed them.
  • D1 & D2 came to visit -- they are all kinds of fun.... both of them will have had a European adventure by the time they start school again in the fall.... D1 is back from his with stories and photos -- D2 starts his on Friday. Here's wishing him exactly the limit of his ability to handle adventuresome situations... and no more. He has a couple of weeks on his own -- and I know his good sense and ability to get along with anybody will keep him safe -- I also hope he finds some amazing fun he can't explain to anybody...
  • D2 told me one of my favorite female philosopher/aunt is building a cabin in my mom's general neighborhood. I may never see her there, but just knowing she'll be in the area makes me smile!!
  • Sunshine and a pal came by to see me. It was nice to have some girl talk! She's thinking about her own business adventures -- of course, if anybody can make it work -- I know Sunshine will... She also brought me some very sweet comfort gifts...
  • I'm getting excited about our trip north. We'll spend two nights in a smaller city --- in a very comfy room with all the bells and whistles. I'll get a facial at a spa... ahhh.... then on Sunday we'll go to a place built on a cliff overhanging a Great Lake... where we'll spend three days. On one of those days we'll take a day trip to Canadia -- to look around and visit a very cool pottery....

No comments: