Saturday, July 19, 2008

Reports of my demise are exaggerated...

Hey all,

I'm feeling much better than this time yesterday.

From what we can tell, my sleep apnea combined with several sedatitve effects, put me in too deep a sleep to wake from when my oxygen level dropped -- and I had a seizure. Jason was in bed with me -- he grabbed my mom who did mouth to mouth for a minute or two while the ambulance came...

The first thing I remember is waking up in the ER... so I missed all the excitement.

Yesterday they wouldn't give me any food -- so I felt pretty nauseas, but today I feel pretty good and I expect that they'll let me go home. I'll have to have a sleep study to sort out the apnea -- but, otherwise I'm healthy.... I promise.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're alright.

Bardiac said...

Oh, my, that must have been scary for everyone but you, eh?

I hope they sort things out and take good care of you!

(And, wow, I'm glad I saw this post before the previous one!)

Seeking Solace said...

I am so glad to hear that you are OK. Please take care of yourself!

Rose said...

I hope you continue to improve and feel better!

julie said...

Whew!

Rhonda said...

I am so glad you're doing better. My thoughts are still with you.

Best wishes best wishes all best wishes.

timna said...

so you've got wireless in your hospital bed? or is this the cat relaying more messages?

Psych Post Doc said...

Yikes, even though it's not terribly serious that sounds scary as hell. I hope they figure everything out... and give you some food. :)

comebacknikki said...

I'm so glad to hear you're doing better today!!!
{{{ITPF}}}

New Kid on the Hallway said...

So glad to see you back!!

Anonymous said...

glad you're ok, i hope things keep getting better.

Arbitrista said...

What a relief! That was scary!

Bitty said...

(((hugs)))