Monday, July 28, 2008

Canadian Internet...

Hubby took me to Canada yesterday... so, now it is the case that breast cancer hasn't cheated me out of going to Canada... YEA!

On the way up there, we'd been discussing the cognitive differences of thinking in terms of kilometers/ and KPH...

We then moved on to discuss the possibility of living in rural Ontario, how wonderful it would be to teach all of our stuff on-line and live in the woods like the hermits we aspire to become...

then, Hubby says, "You know, we'd have a problem because the internet is slower in Canada."

I, being lost in the daydream of living by a Canadian lake said, "really --- why?" I was anticipating something akin to less infrastructure per person than in the US, some degree of censorship slowing things down etc...

He says, "It's metric"...

1 comment:

Bardiac said...

LOL!

It always makes me laugh to do bike speeds in metric because I sound SO much faster!