Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What a day...

Early -- cats woke me up. I decided to put on coffee and grade.

Realized that grading is sometimes better when you're not quite awake -- and I finished grading before 9 AM.

9:30 - 11:45 -- routine poking and prodding at the hospital. I now have proof that I have a heart, no matter what my students say. I also have an MRI of my brain from last summer, so I have proof of that too...

11:45 - 1:00 Drove back to my neighborhood, lunch at McD's, a trip to Office Max and then a maintenance appointment at the cancer clinic.

1:00 - 2:00 Got vital supplies at PetSmart - and realized they aren't stocking the trays for my automatic cat box -- at least until August... grrr!

2:00 - 4:00, spa time. It was wonderful -- waxed, mani-pedi and then a really good conversation waiting for toes to dry. We traded cards -- it's amazing who you can meet sitting in a spa with a good book.

Tonight -- tested breadmaker and remembered that it doesn't work... it smells great but the loaf is a complete disaster. I suppose that gives me the no-calorie benefit of smelling the good bread, but dang...

Now -- going to bed. "My Sister's Keeper" was a good movie -- but a great book. For the record, there are pretty significant differences between the two -- and I intend to ask my students questions on their final to figure out who just went to the movie.... heee hee... I'm only doing that to make grading fun. I suppose that makes me evil, but so what?

No comments: