Wednesday, July 01, 2009

One more little separation...

Hubby's on the way to what I've been calling ' {discipline} nerd sleep-away camp' -- held at a prestigious east coast uni.

He's driving and left in my car just now -- with all the comforts of home, to make his dorm room easier to live in. Packing him up was a lot like packing a kid to go to camp, without having to sew name tags in the back of his shorts :).

The cats and I will miss him.

It will be quiet around our little place again -- but, it's not the same as a trip to Red State.

This year Red State was stressful, camp will be fun. He's also seeing some fun stuff along the way, thus his decision to leave earlier than necessary. I only wish I could drive out with him -- but, summer school = fall bills paid, and I'm in the second week of classes.

I don't have the 'how the heck are we going to live together forever' question at the back of my mind.

and -- I get to visit him in a couple of weeks, and see a city I've never been to... a really big city...

So -- his going isn't nearly as traumatic as others.

I'm going to take a short nap before class...

No comments: