Friday, July 31, 2009

I may have just been played...

... by a plagiarizer...

But, if so, s/he did a good job.

The paper was due last night. They turned it in on Wednesday (early). It had lots of plagiarized stuff in it -- clearly so.

This one has the same examples, but is all in her own words. It's less than 24 hours late.

I suspect that the first one was turned in with the hopes that I wouldn't catch it..... and the second was the back-up paper in case I did -- s/he could claim to have accidentally turned in notes etc, and sent the other one to the drop box immediately. I can't tell when it was actually written because when I opened it and saved it to grade it, my system put my time stamp on it...

One way or the other, I did build a bit of a late penalty into the final grade, which is the minimum s/he deserves.

No comments: