Thursday, July 23, 2009

In a New York state of mind...

... sure, I've only been there once.

Sure, I spent less than 48 hours total in the city.

Yep, I'm just now recovered from the day spent walking in Manhattan.

I just paid the AMEX bill for the parking, souvenirs and one dinner (don't ask how much, I don't want to think about it).

Intellectually I realize that it's expensive, hard, dirty, a monument to capitalism and income inequity....

but -- I wanna go back.

I want to go back so much I'm watching 30 Rock.. and any other random TV show set in NYC.

I want to go back so much that I've already started looking down my nose at LA (soulless city).

Sure, BNcity is nice and all -- and Chicago is close enough to be tempting -- but, it isn't Manhattan...

I just loved the feeling of being there. I can't explain it -- I must be an addict.

Maybe I just miss Hubby --- NYC was the last time I saw him. I'll let you know if I still have NYC-fever when he comes home Sunday.

No comments: