So -- I think I need to post some happy things, just to get myself thinking about them:
- The Farmer's Market -- loads of veggies and lots of change leftover from $40.00.
- The orderly nature of BNcity's downtown drivers... so unlike Manhattan, where I was last Saturday.
- My cats, all snuggles and sleeping in the sun for the Queen while the Minion (perhaps Prince of Darkness is a better term) is lounging about in the shadows plotting my demise.
- The Minion/PoD has taught me how to play fetch with him -- using one of several Starbursts stolen from the candy bowl. He brings them to me in his mouth (usually when I'm sleeping) and I throw them out the door to the bedroom. He brings it back and we repeat until I'm awake and he's ready for a nap. For some reason we only play with Starbusts (generally lemon) and we only play in bed.
- Nice summer weather = hardly any reason to use the AC!!
- My porch plants have survived (mostly) my travels and still look good. I think I'll spend some porch time this afternoon doing Fall course prep and a little grading.