Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hapy things...

.. there has been some sad news at BNCC... and a bit scary because someone with breast cancer had her cancer return after 6.5 years, and now it's too late. I don't know her, but she's close to many of my friends and colleagues and quite a few of them are deeply saddened by this, so I feel it too.

So -- I think I need to post some happy things, just to get myself thinking about them:
  • The Farmer's Market -- loads of veggies and lots of change leftover from $40.00.
  • The orderly nature of BNcity's downtown drivers... so unlike Manhattan, where I was last Saturday.
  • My cats, all snuggles and sleeping in the sun for the Queen while the Minion (perhaps Prince of Darkness is a better term) is lounging about in the shadows plotting my demise.
  • The Minion/PoD has taught me how to play fetch with him -- using one of several Starbursts stolen from the candy bowl. He brings them to me in his mouth (usually when I'm sleeping) and I throw them out the door to the bedroom. He brings it back and we repeat until I'm awake and he's ready for a nap. For some reason we only play with Starbusts (generally lemon) and we only play in bed.
  • Nice summer weather = hardly any reason to use the AC!!
  • My porch plants have survived (mostly) my travels and still look good. I think I'll spend some porch time this afternoon doing Fall course prep and a little grading.
and -- the big one -- Hubby is crossing all the midwestern "I" states today. That means tomorrow he'll be home!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL the Minion playing fetch! The monster kitty does, too, with both toy mousies and especially with foam earplugs! She *loves* them! Hubby is teaching her to sit using them, which is hysterical!

timna said...

glad to see the happy things.