Saturday, December 15, 2007

Working ahead....

It's a good thing I was that 'work ahead' girl in 4th grade...

I did it because, even then, I could see that public education was silly and the kids immature... or, maybe I was a dork.. anyway, the skill has come in handy as an academic..

Think about this -- On December 15:
  • I'm planning a course that will end in mid-May.
  • Two weeks ago I finished the Summer 08 schedule.
  • Last week I worked out the major kinds from the Fall 08 schedule.
So, I know approximately what I'll be teaching and where I'll be teaching it a year in advance!

Yea, that work-ahead thing may have been inconvenient for my 4th grade English teacher, but it is coming in handy for me...

2 comments:

Bardiac said...

I have some grading you could do! Really, I'd share because I'm a really generous person!

Anonymous said...

i always read ahead in school, it all went to slow for me. the reading that is, that was my favorite thing!