Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas questions...

As seen at Nikki's, and others....

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
Ummm.. both? If I had to choose, Eggnog


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?
Santa doesn't wrap, he's too busy eating cookies


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
until recently, colored. Now, white

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but it is a fun idea.
5. When do you put your decorations up?

Never before my birthday. This year hubby wanted to do some birthday stuff in Vegas, so he resisted setting up the tree before our trip. I didn't want New Kitty to have 3 full days to destroy the tree unpunished, so we just put them up yesterday (12-23). We'll leave them up for a while :).

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Stuffing -- or maybe my sister-in-law's Sweedish Meatballs...

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
The few times we went to Iowa, before my grandparents started going to Florida in October.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I always kind of knew -- but, when my parents got divorced and Santa suddenly started coming to the garage, I figured out it was dad.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

We'll open them at my sister-in-law's.... they like to leave Christmas day for religious stuff, so the commercial / gift stuff is on Christmas Eve.


10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

This year, with stuff New Kitty can't eat/break. I went to Target yesterday and got a bunch of stuff on sale... It has 1-inch wide velvet ribbon, 1-inch wide red opaque ribbon, garland and tinsel... I put our yearly ornament (we buy a new one every year, with the date... we've only missed 1 year -- 1999). This year's ornament is an M& M one, from the M &M store.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
love, love, love, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Can you ice skate?

When I was a kid, I was a competitive figure skater. I haven't skated as an adult...

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

As an adult, my watch. Quite a few years ago Hubby found one I'm not allergic to (I'm allergic to lots of metals) and that is solar powered -- and pretty! As a kid, when I was a competitive skater, new skates.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

time off -- finally!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

anything with chocolate

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

buying an ornament every year. Last year's ornament is a little cactus, since we were in Phoenix for two weeks in January. This year it is the M & M...

17. What tops your tree?
The angel my mom used to put on top of our tree when I was a kid. She's kind of beaten up, but she's sweet. She's also casual -- her dress is made of denim....

18. What are your favorite Christmas songs?

I don't have one -- I don't like Christmas music. I suppose I can tolerate the Mormon Tabernacle... but, anything else sucks.

19. Real tree or artificial?

artificial now -- since we couldn't buy a real tree a couple of years ago (on th 23rd...) and Target had them on a huge sale. Now I love it!!!!!!!!!!

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or yum?
I like them, but rarely eat them...

1 comment:

undine said...

Do you miss skating?