Sunday, December 23, 2007

Vegas, the specifics....RBOC style....

  • The Mirage is a nice hotel... the room was decent, and even though we were on a smoking floor, didn't smell of smoke. It would have been nice for all the restaurants to be open, but since it was the slow time, I kind of understand it.
  • The spa at the Mirage was great. If you like spa services, save some of your entertainment cash to get one... I got the best pedicure, ever!!

As a feminist, I was challenged.... and I'm generally a sex-positive feminist...

  • One night I was curious and looked in the Vegas phone book--- about 120 pages of "entertainers" were listed, most with claims like "hot college girls with great bodies, to your hotel room in 20 minutes", or "petite Asian woman, you no like, you no pay".
  • As we walked down the strip, people will try to hand you little cards with naked women on them. I'm guessing they aren't allowed to speak to you (that would probably be solicitation), but -- they form a gauntlet at a narrow point in the sidewalk, wear neon t-shirts (over their coats) with the phone number and "hot women in your hotel room, 20 minutes" in big block letters. They also use their cards to make a clicking noise, kind of like clicking a ball-point pen... They are so pervasive one of the comics we went to see made jokes about them....
  • Hubby got approached by a hooker, who asked if he "wanted a date?" -- he didn't understand what she wanted at first...
As for my own indulgences in "sin" -- if you don't call shopping or eating a sin....
  • I put exactly $1.00 in a slot machine, at the airport on the way out.
  • I had exactly one drink... a bloody mary, with dinner.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Ah, a side of Vegas the tourism brochures don't show you... :)