Saturday, November 01, 2008

Insomina -- the ironic chemo side effect...

OK -- overall, my side effects have been pretty mild... but, since I'm up, I'm going to complain a bit...

First -- on the hair... my facial hair and leg hair are coming back! They look pretty normal, but my head hair is so fine I need to sit in a certain light to see it at all! Un freaking fair! So, I need to shave/wax/pluck the hair I don't want, but the hair I DO want is really no more than fuzz... babies are born with more hair folks... that sucks.

Second -- the steroids cause insomnia --when my fatigue is getting a bit worse. So, when I need to sleep -- and have TIME to sleep, I can't. I went to bed about 11 PM and woke at 3:30ish... It is now 4:00 AM and I'm wide awake. I should be sleeping until at least 6 or 7... grrrrrr! I know by Monday I'm going to be tired. Heck, this afternoon I'm going to be tired -- whether or not I'll be able to sleep is another thing. I tried to take a nap after chemo, but I didn't get sleepy enough to actually sleep... So, I read for a while and got up.

No comments: