Wednesday, November 19, 2008

18 years.,,,,

Hubby and I got married 18 years ago.

We were so young. We had no money, very little education and three cats. We lived in Colorado -- he was in the Air Force and I was working for a hair salon answering the phone.

We got married by a judge -- who asked me if I wanted to promise to 'obey' -- I declined to do so. He married me anyway :) -- really, I doubt Hubby would have been happy with someone who would make such a promise.

Hubby is rarely unable to speak -- (those of you who know him must be giggling at the masive understatement right now) -- but, when it came time to say "I do" -- he was very quiet. I'm sure he said it, but it wasn't easy to hear him.

Over the years we've moved many times. We've had 5 cats -- and a whole lot of laughs.

This year hasn't been easy -- and I'm sure next year will be better.

Our 19th anniversary may find us in some 'yet to be determined' college town -- or hubby will be a 1L... who knows? One of the reasons I love Hubby the most is the adventure he brings to my life.

What I do know is that next year we'll be together -- our 'adventure' of a long-distance marriage should be over -- or, at least on hold :).

I love you honey --- I'll see you tomorrow!

10 comments:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Wishing you the happiest of anniversaries.

It's so heartwarming to hear about a couple together for so long and so loving and happy (even as life poses challenges). :)

Psych Post Doc said...

Happy Anniversary. Sounds like a story book romance to me. :)

Seeking Solace said...

Cheers to you and Hubby. Good ones are hard to find, but when you find one, they're priceless.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Happy anniversary! Wow: 18 years is amazing!

timna said...

Happy happy anniversary!

undine said...

Happy anniversary!

comebacknikki said...

Happy anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

Because I think I could write a strikingly parallel tale of my 4+ year marriage, your 18 years fills me with all kinds of hope and warm, fuzzy feelings that my wife would probably laugh at, even though I know she gets them sometimes too.

Kate said...

How sweet -- happy anniversary!

julie said...

Congratulations, Pal!