Friday, November 28, 2008

Old photos are fun...

My cousin is making a photo calendar for my grandparents, so I started looking at the old photos for a good one of me and Pam. I found it -- and a lot more... Once Hubby scans some of them, I'll post them -- as they are pretty fun...

Among the photos...
  • Hubby and his first cat. He was pretty thin and the cat was pretty fat. That was the only cat who has ever hated me.... and he really, really hated me.
  • Lots of photos of currently deceased kitties -- when they were young and spunky.
  • A photo of Old Kitty (now, recently deceased kitty) when he was younger than newest kitty is now.
  • A photo of my grandfather in the Army from 1940. The inscription was interesting, " 'ITPF grandpa's name', 1940, property of his mother.
  • Lots of baby photos of me -- I was the first grandchild and all my relatives seemed to do was look at me and take photos...
  • Photos of the construction of my Grandmother's Speakeasy.... in northern Iowa during prohibition... The story is that they went to Minnesota, where they could get good bootleg alcohol and smuggled it via back roads and across Lake Okobojii in the middle of the night.... The really funny thing is that my dad ended up going to a military school and eventually he became a police officer.
  • Photos of my niece and nephew as very little kids -- those are the ones who are away at college now. The youngest two hadn't been born yet.
  • Photos of my cousins and I with my great grandmother --
  • Photos from my wedding to Hubby-- we were such CHILDREN--- really, we would have fit into either of our classrooms...

No comments: