Saturday, February 25, 2006

What goes around, comes around

I have to wonder if there really isn't a God out there --- or, maybe Karma is alive and well..

Last week I decided to lend a good friend some money. This money was for an excellent cause and will be well spent of this I am very sure. It is an investment in the future of this friend and I'm very comfortable with my decision.

A couple of weeks ago, I found out that my second cousin will be married in New York this summer. He and I aren't particularly close, but I've never been to NYC and would love to go..

I'm not teaching this summer, so no fat extra summer paychecks for us --- so it seemed that the wedding trip to NYC would depend on some anticipated but not assured good financial news for us.. I knew this when lending the friend money, and was fine with that as well. The loan was a good priority --- and I couldn't not lend it just to go play in NYC.

It turns out that there is a way for us to pay for the trip afterall... and not one that I'd ever expected...

No comments: