Thursday, February 16, 2006

Me and RKJ

So ---

I teach philosophy and I'm now on TWO panel proposals for a huge conference outside of my discipline. To avoid getting found by the google-monster, I'll call it a variety of letters... RKJ, XYZ or whatever.

EEK....

I'm not sure I want them to happen... I honestly don't think I'll do too much else at that conference besides my own panels and the debate business meeting... which, by the way, is evil because they make decisions there and 80% of the community can't attend.

The nice thing is that one of them isn't at my school -- and I can put being on both proposals on my tenure review form for this year... yippeeee -- I think.

The really odd thing is that hubby and I literally could write a debate book -- and neither of us have even ONE comm-studies graduate credit. We've just been doing it so long that we've seen it develop...

No comments: