Saturday, February 18, 2006

Debate BN state champs, round 3

I had round 2 off... coaches meeting...

The vote on our hosting was tied, resolution to come...

The resoution, round 3 THW change its policy toward the United Nations.

I have two pretty good teams in this round... a good team from Snoopy-coach's school, and another that has been kind of slimey in the past...

Case: close GITMO (difference = listen to UN on what they want re GITMO) --

LO: if you want to take out solvency, fine --- BUT, also run a DA.. .just one... and, no T?

MG: Thanks for the analysis that wins you the round... seeing that they don't have a DA, and some advantages will outweigh on a net-benefits paradigm.

MO: some responsiveness would be nice... just repeating LO arguments isn't a set of answers to MG... dork

blah blah blah blah blah blah -- I could cut and past the LO--- and save the time.... and thought... aargh...

Opp: if you want to run a masking DA, freaking RUN it.. oh, I forgot, where do you debate... hmmm BN state... I get it. Sorry, I'm a "niner" --

LOR Why do they keep saying, "I'd like to extend a blanket thank you" -- WHY are they thanking the blanket... I want my blanket... now... damm....

I think the judges here demand lots of "Thanks" because the debaters are so bad --- I have a radical idea, teach them to debate an you won't have to listen to all these thanks...

note to self: keep comments blogged separate from comments written on ballot... VERY important...

PMR: good girl, "there have been no DAs and no CP' -- you win... you did thank the blanket, and used the term "the current status quo" -- but you win anyway.

No comments: