Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's day

As of yesterday, I've known hubby for 20 years. We were 17 when we met -- and have been in one another's orbit since then. This year is V.D. #20.

Valentine's day #1:, I was at a band competition -- I wanted to send him a rose via the HS network (terrible social thing where people could pay to have the student senate deliver roses to their friends... eek) -- the problem was that I didn't know him before February 13th, and by then it was too late. I know he would have loved to get one... I wish to this day I could have sent him one --- maybe I should have been daring and send him one just because I thought he was a cutie -- which he was and is.

Valentine's day # 2-4 :we were separated -- I was dating the dumb boyfriend and he was in the service in Japan.

Valentine's day #5: we were recently back together. I remember visiting him in Denver-- and the rest isn't exactly PG :).

Valentine's day #6: we were married ---- We went to Benigan's and got a keychain with our picture in it --

Valentine's days #7-18: are kind of a blur --- they generally have involved flowers and some chocolate for me, various gifts and other things for him. One involved a trip to the hospital and I'm pretty sure that some of them have involved debate trips.

Valentine's day #19: Hubby's mom slipped and broke her leg. She stayed with us for about a week, as her house has stairs between the kitchen and the bedroom.

Valentine's day #20: not 100% PG, but by the time the Chinese takeout got here, there was nothing going on that would embarass his mom or my debaters. I got some amazing desserts take-out, and we are hanging out and watching the Olympics. When I got home today, hubby had cleaned -- and as I type, he's cleaning the kitchen as they are coming tomorrow to pull out the dishwasher, as first step in replacing the POS that is in there now. Overall, not a bad way to spend a Hallmark holiday.

General thought -- I'm a lucky woman --- I don't have to wait for Valentine's day to hear "I love you" from hubby... we say it often, and mean it.

No comments: