Thursday, February 16, 2006

Life other than debate...

I think I need to write a quick post about the non-debate parts of my life -- to remind myself that there IS another part of my life..

So -- a few good / happy things... not related to debate...

1) Got an e-mail from the up-and-coming just war author... the upshot is that in April he'll send me an electonic copy of his newest piece, including a but-load of sources etc... Just in time for me to read them over the summer. YEA!

2) Got a new dishwasher, after years of complianing to the apartment management. This one may actually clean the dishes.

3) Ms. Senior colleague got custom M & Ms for valentine's day that say "______ (name of colleague) is loved".

4) Mr. Junior colleague's family is out of town this week -- he brought his black lab to work with him... so sweet!

5) Signed up to do some extra work on committee stuff this summer... it could be fun, if not a way to get to know a couple of other faculty members.... and, there is pay involved.

6) Hiring -- has goods and bads--- at least there is a pretty good chance that Mr. Junior colleague could stay around. He adds a lot to the group, and would be a good support for me (yea, selfish -- but, that is ok).

Less than happy ---

1) Office is a disaster area and lots of teaching circle work to do before tomrrow.

2) Kind of high level of stress.... result is little sleep.

3) The pigeons on the deck lost their nest thanks to clumsey maintenence guy... He knocked it over and broke their eggs. That makes me sad ---

No comments: