Thursday, February 16, 2006

Debate -- happy moments

In the end, for all the complaining I've done and am about to do ( KQRS nationals in about a month... yikes) -- I thought I should post some happy debate moments...

In no particular order

--- Rex's first 3-3 tournament -- and his first 5-1 and break... Rex has been screwed over by debate more often that I like to remember. His having moderate success makes me very happy.

--- D1/D2 in finals, twice.. the first was such a nice surprise....

--- Being close to an HGKL qualification.

---- Beating fancy private schools... many of them... even D2/Rex beat one. YEA!

--- Super Aunt meeting the boys. Pretty nice all around.

--- D1/D2 in the Pacific Ocean, both for the first time.

--- Having McWhiggins / Rex doing well enough to have another school want to tape them, thinking they are D1/D2.... booya...

---- "You F-in intervened on me", not being from one of MY debaters.

---- Hashmere.

---- Having a former KLMN champion give me compliments on our team... nice to get from someone I highly respect.

---- A practice round with the resolution, "THW spank the monkey"... laughed until I cried.

--- (deleted reference that was negative.... in that X person wasn't around).

--- D1/D2 Beating ADD/ADHD former debater's current team.

No comments: