Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Teaching -- reading apps

I started reading applications today. It is kind of sad, as there are so many people who went to the trouble to apply only to get a rejection letter.

A couple of our long-term adjuncts didn't apply. It is hard to blame them, it has to be hard to have been passed over several times. One of them is teaching a full load already and three of us have been hired in front of her.

It also makes me a bit leary of ever going back on the job market. I love BNCC -- and I have great administration all the way up --- so I'm not too worried about having to look again -- but if hubby gets hired by his undergrad school in a couple of years, I'm not willing to stay here an be away from him. That means that I'll go on the local job market there, which sucks ass.

Who knows -- maybe hubby will get a job right here in BN city and all will be well, and I'll get to stay in my office with a view of the smoking section forever and ever...

No comments: