Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Teaching - another e-mail

As I was writing the previous post, another goodie came in..

In essence it said: I need to turn something in to you ASAP, but I wasn't paying attention when you told us what it was. Please respond ASAP.

I Read that as:
I didn't think you were serious when you assigned those summaries. I also didn't think you were serious when you said in class what the assignments were or that there is a hard deadline of TODAY to get them in. I figured out that you were serious when you gave the grade update in class last time, but I didn't bother to read the blackboard in the classroom and write down the article that needs to be summarized. I also didn't do the reading before class, so now I'm figuring out that I have to do this or risk getting a grade that will keep me out of the Law Enforcement program, the school I want to drink at next year, or at a minimum out of trouble with mom and dad so I can keep drinking with my high school friends.

Please respond immediately or risk my whine about how you weren't available to answer my questions and I'll complain to the dean.

No comments: