Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Teaching -- good meeting and good day..

I feel really organized lately -- now, if only I could finish the stuff I need to before NPapfeai nationals.

I had a meeting with the wonder-dean today about my portfolio. She's a really neat person and was very helpful about what she thinks she wants from me to get our version of tenure.

I have a great outline, now I need to give examples of the innovations I've done, collect newspaper articles about my team and generally organize the past three years into something coherehnt.... all by April 15.

I'm also onto another level of committee work with big guy -- not exactly sure why, probably because he thinks I get stuff done. I'm not so sure that is a correct impression, but if he's up on me for something other than debate then that is good.

Finally, we have a time frame for reading applications and interviews -- and it will work with my debate travel schedule. I was worried, as the 11 days I'm gone are pretty much prime time vitae reading times.

Now, if the debater boys will do their work I can get that organized...

Tonight and tomorrow -- GRADING JAIL -- really... I want it done by Thursday. I have other stuff to do and can't get behind.. really -- and I NEED a break. The good thing about grading jail is that the food is good... I'm baking a chocolate cake and will have some X (localish) brand coffee ice cream with it.. yummmmmmmm

No comments: