Monday, December 01, 2008

Last needle stick...

... until my port flush on December 23.

I had an EKG and MUGA today. I let the MUGA tech put the needle in my arm because I'm not going to need many pokes in the near future...

because, I'm DONE with chemo.

It is kind of weird, because it doesn't seem real -- and probably won't until Friday when I'm not at the clinic.

Until then, I've got a few things to do... finish grading (only 3 papers left -- be jealous...), record a whole lot of stuff in my grade book -- and finish the turkey soup.

But --- I can't do anything until my jeans are dry.

6 comments:

Bardiac said...

YAY! I'm glad to hear you're done with that!

What's a mugu??

My capcha is "squitype," which has to be a font used by squid, right?

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

A Muga is a heart test. They take a little bit of your blood, mix it with radioactive stuff, give it back to you and then see how your heart pumps... They put you on a table, hook up some wires to little patches on you and make a kind of movie of your heart pumping.

Nik said...

Thank god and congratulations. I hope there will be no more needles for many moons (after the one on december 23).

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

As long as I have the port installed, I'll have to do monthly port flushes... but, they are really no big deal. They just hook up the needle and make sure the port takes fluid...

mrc-w said...

Congrats on the end of chemo!!

timna said...

YEA!
have a great December and many more moons.