Monday, December 08, 2008

On turing 40

... really, I have nothing special or philosophical to say.

I was born 40 years ago today. Thanks Mom!! I bet you were glad to get me out -- finally.

My 39th year was pretty challenging, so I'd like to move on now -- thank you.

Yesterday I got some pretty good work done on a paper I need to write.

Last night we had excellent Indian food. We also booked a short January get away, which will be both fun and relaxing.

This morning I'll have leftovers for breakfast, along with birthday cake :).

Later I'll drive back to BNstate -- which means spending a significant amount of time in Corn State... which isn't really fair on my birthday.

This week is the last week of classes in the semester-o-chemo.

I'll actually miss many of my students. The whole chemo thing seemed to make them see me as a person -- or perhaps give them an avenue to express that the know I am a person -- and for the most part they were decent, kind and hardworking.

Now, if I could only get those results without the whole chemo thing....

9 comments:

Psych Post Doc said...

Hey today is my birthday too!

Hope it's a great one for you, although it sounds like the drive will suck at least you have left over birthday cake. :)

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Happy birthday! And I agree -- it's no fair having to drive on your day!!

Seeking Solace said...

Happy Birthday and welcome to the club! 40 is totally fab!!!

Arbitrista said...

Happy b-day. Here's to 40 more!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I hope you ended up having a special day, IPF. Happy 40th!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!

comebacknikki said...

Happy birthday! I hope it's a fantastic one! :)

Bardiac said...

Congrats on your birthday! Happy Birthday! May the coming decade improve lots!

capcha: antses... precious antses in my kitchen :(

Breena Ronan said...

Sorry I missed it. Hope you had a great day and that year 40 is much better than year 39. :)