Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

I'm over 2008.

Hubby and I both had rough years and I'm ready to be done with 2008.

In fact, I'm so over it that I don't even want to do the meme asking me to remember and reflect. Sure, there have been some good things -- meeting some bloggers, making some friends etc -- but, those things will be with me in 2009 --- so, we'll just count them as 2009 events :).

Instead -- I'm thinking ahead and sending out good vibes into the future -- I can do that, right? If I can send good vibes to my pals around the world, I can send them into the future.

So, here are some hopeful predictions:

By this time next year I'll have had 2 clean PET scans and be a full year away from chemo.

By this time next year I'll have a dissertation defense scheduled.

At this time next year we'll be able to pay all of our bills (we can now -- I just want to keep that going :) ).

By this time next year Hubby will have finished his first semester at his first-choice law school.

By this time next year the Minion will have settled down enough so that we can sleep with the bedroom door open and not have to wonder where the squirt bottle went.

3 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Happy New Year!!! Here's to a healthier year for both of us!!!!

Balou said...

Happy New Year! I'm glad the bloggers met. I too look forward to ott nine.

Addy N. said...

Here's wishing you a Happy HEALTHY 2009!