Friday, October 03, 2008

Chemo round ? I've lost count...

Just as I'd hoped, chemo is becoming less of an event.

It has all the charm of a really long doctor's appointment -- today was 8:30 - 1:30.

It doesn't have the icky effects on me, at least so far.

In an odd way, I kind of like being at the chemo clinic. I don't have to explain my bald head or anything to do with breast cancer. The doctor and nurses are very nice -- and quite professional at the same time.

I ran into a chemo pal today. She's had trouble with this drug for a while -- she's a bit ahead of me, as she only has two more left. She's having more side-effects and significant trouble sleeping. She's a special-ed teacher and so far hasn't returned to work. IMHO, I think that if she could manage some degree of work -- she'd feel better. She admitted today that sitting around feeling sick is probably part of her overall problem.

So -- while I can use the good vibes, she needs some for the side-effects.

2 comments:

Bardiac said...

Your first sentence about the charm of a long doctor's appointment cracked me up.

And I'm glad to hear this stuff isn't being too nasty to you!

I guess this winter thing, with all its hats and stuff, has hidden benefits? (Because there's got to be some reason not to totally despair about impending snow, right?)

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

If you have allergies, the freezing thing is wonderful! All those nasty plants out there that send your immune system into a tizzy DIE! So, while it may be cold - at least the air itself isn't making you sick..

Of course, this is from the perspective of a person who is allergic to everything natural -- so, bring on the cold!