Thursday, October 30, 2008

Calling in tired...

Fatigue is the major chemo side effect --- and I've been feeling it this week.

Add to that the fact that they give me a pretty decent dose of steroids with my chemo, to block the allergic reactions -- and the steroids give me insomnia for the weekend...

I need to take today to spend in bed with a cat or two and a book...

So, I'm calling in tired.

So -- so far for Cancer I'll have canceled two whole days of class. Many folks do that for the flu...

4 comments:

Bardiac said...

I hope you get some good rest, PF!

And tomorrow, you'll be one session closer to being done!

(If you need some help I can lend, give a call! Except grading! NO GRADING! Don't even think it!)

word verification: tesupe: a soup for especially cold days, with all the curative powers of a cup of hot tea and chicken soup.

timna said...

anything you need?
mr. t. says grade with a fan and a ruller: set the fan towards the stack and then measure how far the papers fly. make up some rationale for the distance.

have a good sleep day. maybe in the sun?

(oh, and good vibes on the earlier issue).

word verification: defitor: the editor that defits the words in the essay so that sense is made.

Seeking Solace said...

This is my second day calling in b/c of the RA,fatigue and joint pain and inflamation. I am on steroids too.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I just find it really icky that the steroids result in insomnia -- so, while we're tired, we can't actually sleep... grrr.