Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Teaching -- no general theme today....

I had a pretty good day...

I'm on the final draft of my tenure portfolio -- 3 trips to Office Max and a lot of paper later, I might be able to convince them to keep me -- I know I've convinced myself. I have it home for a last review-- then it is gone.

Student X came in with his contract today -- I added specifics, we printed and signed... now it is all up to him.

We had a good interview for our new position--- a really good in-house candidate. Next week we'll see the out of towners... and then make a decision about who we should let into our bizarre little family.

Even more than before -- I'm going to miss Dog Mom next year... sigh... she's been very helpful about something I'll blog about later.. suffice it to say that I'll miss her a lot next year --- poor Hockey Chick & the Red Head will have to do extra duty...

and.. the song in my head "There are Pirates and Acrobats, and the're really the same thing:.

My lecture today on Rawls will be the last Intro to Philosophy lecture I give for a while. Good thing, I'm REALLY tired of it. From now on in that class my students will be presenting. Next fall I'll do Ethics (maybe only one, and an honors one at that..). Spring 07 has yet to be determined....

No comments: