Friday, April 21, 2006

Teaching -- dog dad

In my division, two of my good friends are "dog mom" and "dog dad".

Sadly, dog mom is moving on to greener pastures -- next year at a school on the east coast who has no idea what a brilliant and compassionate person they hired away from us.... I'll miss her tons!

Yesterday I was in a hallway meeting with Wise Woman, Logic guy and dog dad -- I saw a nice little department who could talk about problems, teaching and student challenges -- both learning from one another AND challenging one another.

At work, next year will be good. At home, it will be lonely. I suppose it would have been too perfect for hubby to get the great job IN town... oh well. Mabye I'm not supposed to be in such a nice cozy little department....

Do I get to/ have to/ want to sit on the committee for the person who will replace me when I move to flat state? hmmm...

I think that debate coach will get my office, if they are in our hallway then -- if not, it will probably go to logic guy before dog dad, or to one of the art people (who currently work in windowless offices.. just wrong!( -- one way or the other, Philosophy Factory II will be across the hall in the no-windows land...

No comments: