Monday, April 10, 2006

Domestic -- cats = no sleep

Last night one of our former debaters and forever debate children came over for West Wing and dinner. It was a good night, I'm sure we gave some good advise and generally acted in the quasi-parental role we've played with her...(good deal, no tuition payments, no money borrowed, someone who will probably wipe our chins in the home..).

At 11:00 PM, we kick he out... As we are going to sleep hubby remembers we haven't been over to visit the cat we are cat-sitting.... the decision was, do we go now or before work in the morning. Ellie is adorable, about 6 months old, and being left alone for the first extended period of her young life. Saturday night we spent several hours at Ellie's apartment, but she was alone for 24 hours...

Of course we got out of bed to visit Ellie --- we made sure she had food and played with her. We got home well after midnight (Ellie lives about 5 minutes from here... she got a good visit).

5:00 AM, Remington FREAKS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a manx who is also almost completely blind due to cataracts. He gets lost, then he panics and starts to YELL. He did his freak out and yell routine in the doorway to our bedroom. Once I got up and placed him someplace familiar, he was fine. I could not go back to sleep.

Today is a long day for me -- I have to do expense reports and finish my tenure portfolio before I teach at 4:00. I'll just have to hit the coffee and tough it out. If I can get this done, I'll be in good shape.

No comments: