Saturday, April 22, 2006

Domestic -- hubby said a funny...

So, we are on the way home from our "hey the contract is up, let's go get new phones" ritual -- which also includes dinner...

After dinner we nearly run over a squirrel with the Jeep (he made a quick U-turn to save his own life..)...

This prompts me to mention that the Hollywood stars are wearing fake eyelashes made from squirrel... (which, is true).

Hubby -- hoping to spare my feelings says that the squirrels probably donated their hair for JLo's eyelashes... which made me laugh a lot...

Then he said "well, squirrels must shed, they probably get it that way" -- which was even funnier... the image of someone collecting squirrel sheddings ... following them around in the spring when they shed their heavy winter coats...

As we hop into the elevator, he says that he is just trying to keep me from thinking about them killing the squirrels for eyelashes... which I think is very sweet...

just FYI, every animal by the side of the road is sleeping -- NOT roadkill... some of them sleep in very akward positions, but they are really sleeping... even, without their heads and legs and stuff... really. right? This is a fact about the world anybody who travels with me knows---

3 comments:

T-Mac said...

Hilarious! :-)

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Squirrel hair eyelashes? ugh.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Yep -- the really big stars are wearing fox and mink fake eyelashes... the Kathy Griffin-level stars wear squirrel... personally, if I had to wear them at all, I'd want synthetic!