Friday, November 30, 2007

Weekend forcast...

Outside: cold today -- and sunny -- tomorrow, warmer and 2-7 inches of snow.

Inside: Chili is already in the pot, cats are being cuddly and the apartment is relatively clean.

I wonder if I could spend the whole weekend inside our apartment complex?

I have groceries.
The internet, cable TV and TIVO are plenty of entertainment.
I have of work to do -- some grading, a course review, and a conference paper to start.
I want to exercise, but we have an exercise room in this building -- so I don't have to go to the gym.... besides, getting out of the warmish pool and going outside to get in my cold car sounds terrible.

I'll have to go to the other building to pay rent, but that is inside the building.

hmmmmm

Sounds like a nearly perfect weekend -- if Hubby were here, it would be perfect. We'll have to plan a 'stay in for the weekend challenge' over break.


ps... the chili is almost vegetarian... 1 pound of meat in a large pot with lots of different kinds of canned beans, corn, peas, carrots and lots and lots of tomatoes. Add to that fresh onion and celery -- and the normal chili spices and simmer. For the hubby weekend version, I'll have to find something else to simmer, as he HATES chili, especially chili with anything resembling bean in it (yea, we all know he's odd, but I love him!!).

1 comment:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

I'm planning a stay-at-home weekend, too (not weather bound, but work bound and meetinged out), and it's nice to know someone else will be doing the same.

That said, I'm already seeing cracks in my plan (I have to go out to do my long run, it would be a good idea to go to pilates and yoga tomorrow morning, etc.)