Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Committee meetings and debate...

BICC met today, and I somehow ended up having to stay for most of it...

The good news is that I'm done with the icky bits of the curriculum revision project. This is good and makes for a happy day.

The bad news is that I had to listen to a poorly defined topicality debate conducted by BICC. Those who say that topicality doesn't happen in real life should have been with me today.

As a department, we shouldn't be required to deal with BICC for another 5 years, which is wonderful.

I do anticipate starting some trouble with BICC when I revise the newly revised ethics course to be a writing intensive course. I'm going to force them to deal with some really bad decisions that were made long ago, as well as the continuing issues they have with administration... This time, the revision will be a project of mine and thus more like a hobby than a task.

No comments: