Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving, a nice mix of old and new...

Thanksgiving bittersweet for me now. 6 years ago tomorrow my sister died.... like this year, it was the day after Thanksgiving. She was 30. I'm sure I'll post about Pam this weekend -- but this post isn't about her.

I think this year was the perfect way to spend Thanksgiving. We did a nice mix of the old and new....

Old family -- my MIL is really a neat person and someone who feels more like an old friend than my husband's mother -- in a New place to gather -- we are at our new apartment this year. We also have a new cat...

My husband and his mother have spent the afternoon recording Old (70s and 80s) music, via itunes on CDs... new technology.

I used my Great Grandma Glad's dishes to serve food I ordered from the grocery store pre-made -- the new way to do holiday meals...

The really wonderful thing about doing it this way is that we have plenty of leftovers... and we'll need them, as we are both in grading Jail this weekend... Some things never change.

No comments: