Wednesday, September 10, 2008

RBO another teaching marathon...

  • My morning ethics class is a good way to start the day -- they talk even though the class starts at 7:45. One of my repeat students even said "this was fun" after a discussion of Aristotle... That may be because I used her in an example -- then she asked a question about religion, and I ended up saying that she was Jesus.
  • I'm going to miss my tutor -- she really needs to move on from BNCC....
  • My afternoon class seems freaked out about writing the small assignments -- turns out they are afraid to fail. I'm not sure why they didn't hear that I'll give them another chance if they do -- that whole discussion about how I don't expect them to provide scintillating analysis in their first ethics class must have been when they were thinking about getting high.
  • My evening logic class doesn't seem to get it -- or, rather they don't think they get it. My day class is better about this confidence gap -- maybe because they are younger and don't know what they don't know...
  • I have a whole folder full of grading to do. Most of it is really easy -- but, I need to get moving on it.
  • Due to our stupid apartment maintenance guy and the oddities of my alarm clock, I almost overslept for my 2:15 class. That is the risk of going home for lunch and a nap...

No comments: