Friday, September 19, 2008

Is it odd...

... that I'll miss having discussions with my oncologist when I'm finished with chemo?

He's fun to talk to -- the kind of guy I'd love to have as my favorite uncle.

He has interesting things to say about life in general, he likes to read books and he understands the challenges of college teaching as his daughter did some before she changed careers.

I think I'll need to take him to lunch, bring him lunch or something when I'm done... just so we can chat about life.

I wonder if he'll come to a family reunion? We could use an actual physician in our family -- pretty soon we'll have 3 nurses, 3 academic PhDs and someone with a terminal degree in psych, but we won't have any MDs... especially since I don' see my youngest cousin becoming or marrying an MD...

also -- today's chemo was pretty dang easy. We went out for burgers afterward, then came home to chill a bit.

No comments: