- Both make you sick at first, but then you get used to it...
- Both make you tired.
- Neither are as bad as some folks think -- especially A/C and teaching a 5/5 load.
- In the middle, they suddenly seem to get easier.
- Both lead to hair loss.
- No matter how nice the people (students or nurses), when they are over, you have reason to celebrate.
- Both lead to hair loss -- it is just more dramatic with the chemo.
- Both lead to time-consuming complications that you can never anticipate.
- Both have the potential to make you break out in hives.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
How teaching is like getting chemo...
Since the two things I seem to be doing this semester are getting chemo and teaching, I've begun to see some ways in which they are similar...