Monday, September 15, 2008

A good day...

Today was a bit of a scheduling puzzle... how to get in a trip to the gym, a pedicure and a trip to get a 'big girl' fake boob.... since I'm completely healed up etc..

I started with phone calls to track down the 'boob store', as I'm going to call it from now on. They really sell a variety of medical equipment and things -- but, this is where I'll get my left boob -- so, it will be the boob store from now on.

After I figured out where the boob store was, I called my insurance company to see what is covered. After using a big word like prosthesis (which must have confused the guy) -- he put me on hold for a long, long time. When he came back, he started talking about surgeons, hospitals and things -- mostly asking questions about when my original surgery was etc. Finally it dawned on me that he thought I was asking about reconstruction instead of a lump of silicone so I don't look funny in public. After we got that cleared up, he didn't have a good answer... thanks...

I ended up with the following plan for the day...

1) Pedicure at 12:30 -- this was nice, but a bit more expensive than it was worth... I was at a new salon and I think I'll go back to the old one next time...

2) 2:30 appointment for a fitting at the boob store. This let my polish dry for a while before I left the salon. Since trying on bras and things doesn't include my toes, I was safe letting my polish dry a while more... This trip was less than fruitful, as they only have a few cotton bras and we ended up ordering one. I'll probably order my own from a catalog from the American Cancer Society. When the bra comes in, I'll go over an pick out a boob that works. The woman at the boob store was kind of weird -- and she told me her kids think she needs prozak... I tend to agree, at least from what I could tell of her.... Hopefully I'll get someone else next time, I can't handle the pity she was trying to dish out at me.

3) The gym -- after the long time at the boob store, I went to the gym for a swim. This is what was tricky about today-- because I wanted to go home after the gym AND I needed dry toes in order to get in the pool. Thank goodness the boob store thing took a while, that let my toes set up and everything was fine. After a medium length swim I sat in the sauna --- and came home.

Yea -- a nice day.

No comments: